Black Pasta in Shrimp Garlic Cream Sauce

So, the other day we stopped in an Italian Market and I saw Black Squid Ink Pasta and thought I would give it a try, found the below recipe from www.finedining.com and I had a bottle of Casasole Orvieto 2007 White Wine that I got from friends at Christmas that was excellent with the meal. I really enjoyed this one. It reminded me of sitting at a restaurant next to the Adriatic Sea, very fresh tasting, creamy, garlic, with an underlining taste of seafood. The black squid ink pasta is a bit on the salty/seafood taste, but I think it added to the dish - I loved it.



Serves 2

Ingredients:
4 ounces Black Squid Ink Pasta
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon shallots, minced
2 teaspoons butter
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
Nutmeg, freshly grated to taste
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper, to taste
6 frozen cooked Shrimp thawed, tails intact (61 - 70 count)
2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
4 chive stems for
garnish

Prepare black pasta according to package directions.

In a skillet over medium high heat melt butter, sauté garlic and shallots for 2 minutes; add wine; simmer until reduced by one half. Add broth and cream, lower the temperature and simmer until sauce thickens. Remove from heat; add nutmeg, lemon juice, salt and pepper.

Twirl black squid ink pasta with a long-tined fork, slip pasta off the fork onto a serving plate spoon garlic cream sauce around the pasta, add shrimp, cheese, chives and serve.

Wine recommendation: Pinot Grigio; Pinot Noir


Original Recipe from: http://www.finedinings.com/black_pasta.htm
MY Rating: Groceries expense very reasonable
Very Easy to make
5 out of 5

Would I make again? Yes. It reminded me of eating by the Adriatic Coast - Yummy.

0 comments: